Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Back in the Saddle


It has been a while since I blogged.

And, I have traveled since then. Had a baby in Iowa City. Moved when she was 5 and a half months old to Fishers, IN. Our first house ever, which we love even though it is in the burbs. (It took me a little to get used to that idea.) Took her to Brasil when she was 2 to meet her family there. That was in 2015.

And now, she is in Kindergarten and we have a Fall break and a Spring break.

This Fall we took our first trip to the Dominican Republic. We chose an all-inclusive for the first time and got a good deal since it is still hurricane season and the end of the tourist season there.

We took a boat excursion to some of their beaches and I love the water. I love boats. It goes back to when I was little and we took a boat out on Carlyle Lake in Illinois. I grew up loving the water, and even though I was too scared to water ski for the longest time, when I did get out there to do it, it was awesome.

My favorite part was sitting in the front of the boat with the wind in my hair. I loved the motion of the boat, the perch, and the way my mind roamed as I watched and envied the sailboats as a child.  That is something I am going to have to do someday, sail.

In the DR, as we took the boat on the ocean and I had the same experience I had had as a child; I thought Day one was the fishes, and I created titles of the days we had been there. I thought also, why did I stop blogging about my travels?

Our trip went on and I posted my adventures with pictures on Facebook. An old West Virginia friend asked me if I was still blogging. It was like she had read my mind and she posted that question on the post of the boat tour. Pretty much when I was thinking the same thing. Then, I came home and moved on until her post.

I can sometimes take a hint, but God, the universe, whatever you believe is out there, knows me. I often need a hit on the head to see it. This time I see it. She was telling me to do what I needed to do and know I needed to do. I have known it a while. I just needed the kick. Thanks,  Sohinee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment